Provides Better, Faster, More Accurate Results for Users in the United Kingdom
LONDON, UK. (April 7, 2011) – Vlingo Corporation, the maker of the Virtual Assistant that turns your words into actions, today announced English language localization of Vlingo for its UK users on all Android phones. By combining voice recognition, natural language processing and Vlingo’s proprietary Intent Engine, the Vlingo Virtual Assistant understands the user’s intent and takes the desired action. Users simply speak to their phone to send text and email messages, search the web, get directions on Google maps, update Facebook or Twitter status, and more. Vlingo helps users to do just about anything while on the go.
“The United Kingdom is already the second largest market for Vlingo,” said Ashley Griffiths, Managing Director, EMEA at Vlingo. “We are excited to add localized English language for Android to give our UK users more accurate speech recognition results as well as improved local search. We feel Vlingo sets a new standard for the Virtual Assistant in the UK.”
Through Vlingo’s app or a homescreen widget, Android users can:
- send a text or email message: “Text John; lets meet for coffee tomorrow morning”
- search the web using Google or Yahoo!: “Premier league fixtures”
- call a contact: “ring Jane’s mobile”
- have incoming email and text messages read aloud via SafeReaderTM
- update Facebook or Twitter status: “Update Facebook; in Covent Garden having lunch!”
- speak into any application with the Vlingo Everywhere voice keyboard
- launch virtually any application: “open calendar”
- send and respond to messages, make calls, and get directions without ever taking your eyes off the road or hands off the wheel with Vlingo InCar.
- check in, connect with friends, or shout out an update on foursquare
Availability, Compatibility and Price
Vlingo is available for Android 2.x and above. U.K. users can download Vlingo on device from the Android Market for free. Click here to see Vlingo in Action.
Vlingo is also available on the Samsung Apps marketplace on Samsung Galaxy smartphones.
Follow Vlingo on Facebook at http://facebook.com/vlingopage, on Twitter at http://twitter.com/vlingo and on the Vlingo blog at http://blog.vlingo.com for regular news and updates. For carriers and OEMS interested in partnering with Vlingo go to http://vlingo.com/partners.
Vlingo is a Virtual Assistant that turns your words into action by combining voice to text technology, natural language processing, and Vlingo’s Intent Engine to understand the user’s intent and take the appropriate action. Simply speak to your phone to connect with the people, businesses and activities that are important to you. Vlingo is the safest and easiest way to get things done while on the go. Send text and email messages, search the web, use Google maps, update Twitter and more. Founded in 2006, Vlingo is backed by Charles River Ventures, Sigma Partners, Yahoo! and AT&T and headquartered in Cambridge, Massachusetts. For more information, go to www.vlingo.com.