Since day 1 of launching the 1st Vlingo for iPhone application, our users have pleaded with us to add the ability to send an email and text message by just speaking! Well we are pleased to announce that Vlingo for iPhone 2.0 gives users the ability to send an email or SMS by just speaking into your voice. Don’t believe us? Check out the video below!
To get this functionality, download the free version of Vlingo on the App store . You can then purchase the messaging functionality. Each function is $6.99 or you can buy both for $9.99
Don’t know about Vlingo? Well with Vlingo for iPhone you can use your voice to:
- Send an email: send an email by speaking a contact, subject and message body. For example, “Email Chris, Subject Tonight, Message Running a bit late!”
- Send an SMS Paste: send a text message by speaking a contact and message. Simply say, “Text Mike, Message How are you?
- Do a web search: Search the web using Google, Yahoo! Or Bing. Just say, “Bing sushi restaurants in San Francisco,” and view results.
- Update Facebook and Twitter status updates without typing.
- Use Google Maps. Look up and map local listings. For example, by saying, “Find Italian restaurants in San Francisco,” Vlingo will show choices and can populate Google Maps with the touch of a button.
- Call to anyone in your address book
We’ve also made several enhancements to the original application. In addition to a complete redesign of the application we have added 2 items that should make the Vlingo even easier to use!
- Auto-Listen: voice recognition can be set to start automatically when the iPhone is turned on. Simply open Vlingo and speak in one easy step.
- Contact Selection: when composing a text message, say your contact and the message in one fell swoop, “Text Erin How are you?”
Erin Keleher, Senior Marketing Communications Manager