Dave Carnoy announced a contest this morning on Crave, the gadget blog from CNET. Readers have a chance to win a BlackBerry Bold 9700/Vlingo giveaway today. See below for the full details.
We have an exciting giveaway this week that involves a Blackberry Bold smartphone and a useful mobile voice app called Vlingo, which perhaps you’ve heard about already.
To help get the word out about its new 4.0 Plus app for the BlackBerry, Vlingo is offering Crave readers the chance to win a BlackBerry Bold 9700 and a voucher code for the Vlingo Plus app, a $19.99 value. One important note: the BlackBerry is from AT&T but it doesn’t come with service (you’ll have to activate it to install Vlingo).
What does Vlingo do exactly? Well, according to the company, it enables you to launch applications by voice and speak your commands and text entry. It also reads spoken text back to ensure accuracy. The big deal about Vlingo 4.0 Plus is it allows you to speak text into any field where your BlackBerry smartphone already allows you to enter text.
Normally, the Blackberry 9700 with Vlingo would cost around $499, but you have the chance to get it gratis. (Read CNET’s full review of the Blackberry Bold 9700)..
So, how do you try to win the Blackberry Bold + Vlingo? Let me enumerate the basic rules. Please read them carefully; there will be a test.
- Register as a CNET user. Go to the top of this page and hit the “Join CNET” link to start the registration process. If you’re already registered, there’s no need to register again.
- Leave a comment below. You can leave whatever comment you want. If it’s funny or insightful it won’t help you win, but we’re trying to have fun here, so anything entertaining is appreciated.
- Leave only one comment. You may enter this specific giveaway only once. If you enter more than one comment, you will be automatically disqualified.
- The winner will be chosen randomly. The winner will receive (1) AT&T Blackberry Bold 9700 (with no service) and a voucher for Vlingo Plus 4.0. Approximate retail value is $499.
- If you are chosen, you will be notified via e-mail. Winners must respond within three days of the end of the contest. If you do not respond within that period, another winner will be chosen.
Entries can be submitted until Monday, February 8 at 11:59:59 a.m. ET.
How To Do Things Faster With Your Mobile Phone Using Vlingo on Howcast