Adds Language Support for Spanish, German, French and Italian
Attention BlackBerry users worldwide – we have heard your requests loud and clear, and we are very excited to additional language support. Starting today, Vlingo for BlackBerry will now support UK English, French, German, Italian and Spanish. This means you will now be able to speak to Vlingo in your native language on your BlackBerry smartphones.
Using Vlingo you can simply speak to your BlackBerry smartphone to….
- send a text or email message: “Text Sarah; running a few minutes late”
- search the web using Google or Yahoo!: “Champions league fixtures”
- call a contact: “call Daniel’s mobile”
- update your Facebook or Twitter status: “Update Twitter; Great skiing today up north!”
- dictate text into any text box with Vlingo Everywhere including: BBM™, AIM, Yahoo, Windows Live
- launch virtually any application: “open calendar”
- have incoming email and text messages read aloud via SafeReaderTM
- (NEW) have calendar reminders read aloud via SafeReaderTM
“Vlingo combines speech recognition, natural language processing, and Vlingo’s Intent Engine to understand the user’s intent and take the appropriate action,” said Ashley Griffiths, Managing Director, EMEA at Vlingo. “We are excited to bring additional language support to European users, giving you the ability to quickly and safely connect to the people, businesses and information that are important to you.”
What do our European friends have to say? You excited to try out Vlingo now that we have it in your native language?