You spoke and we listened!
We just dropped an update on Android Market that restores the 1×1 microphone widget. Thanks for letting us know how important it is to you. We try to balance a lot of considerations whenever we make a change, but we don’t always get it right. So our apologies for any inconvenience we caused the last couple weeks. You are now free to enjoy your widget again!
In addition to restoring the 1×1 widget, we also fixed a number of issues, including:
- Added the SafeReader icon to the home screen (top left)
- Improvements to auto-listen (app exits upon completion of your action)
- Improvements to direct dial-by-number (reduced delay)
- Fixed microphone compatibility issues with Swype, Moto Atrix, and others
- Faster, more responsive contact searches
- Greatly reduced initial start time, no more time outs on older devices
- Recognition tones can now be turned off in settings
- Restored “Shake to skip” functionality on SafeReader
- Various crashes fixed. Thanks for reporting error logs!
As many of you have also noticed, the Vlingo Keyboard was taken out of a recent version. We hate to say it, but we will not be bringing it back. To be totally honest, it was just an old version of the stock Android keyboard (from December 2009) with a Vlingo mic on it. And it was taking up valuable memory and resources to keep it updated.
Good news is that you can easily replicate the functionality if you have Android 2.2 or higher:
1. Go to Settings
2. Select Voice input & output
3. Select Vlingo under the Voice Recognizer drop down
Then you can access Vlingo via the microphone button on whatever keyboard you use. Hope that helps you out.
Thanks to all for your continued support and loyalty.